The past week, headlines buzzed about how AWS outage was caused by human error and what Amazon was doing to address it.
- Bloomberg: Amazon Says Employee Error Caused Tuesday’s Cloud Outage
- NPR: Amazon And The $150 Million Typo
- Verge: How a typo took down S3, the backbone of the internet
- WSJ: A Typo Caused Amazon’s Big Cloud Outage
- Recode: Amazon’s massive AWS outage was caused by human error
There is one important fact that Amazon published in its Summary of the Amazon S3 Service Disruption in the Northern Virginia (US-EAST-1) Region that caught my attention.